Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Groundnuts from Malaysia

My friend has given me a packet of groundnuts that is made in Malaysia. She told me that this packet of groundnuts came from Sungei Siput in Perak and it is a well known brand over there. Normally during Chinese New Year, her family members will buy about 30 packets of this groundnuts to serve their guests.

.


I looked at the packet and the brand is Mee Hiong Yuen and there is a picture of an old fisherman carrying a fishing rod and basket. The packaging itself looks rather old fashioned and boring. Anyway, I opened up the packet of groundnuts and eat them. The groundnuts tasted delicious and it was not too salty. The groundnuts are quite small in size but it has a great taste and very crispy too.
.


The Mee Hiong Yuen brand of groundnuts are not selling in Singapore. Even in the local supermarkets in Malaysia, it is rarely found. That is why my friend will always buy them whenever she goes back to her home in Perak.

.