Saturday, June 18, 2011

Shopping for Window Curtains in Johor Bahru

My friend told me that she will be going to Johor Bahru to shop for window curtains for her new home. I told her that there are plenty of shops selling curtains in Singapore. Why bother to go to Johor Bahru especially when long traffic jams is a norm during weekends. Anyway she said that she will be going on a weekday and there are more fabrics and design to choose over there. Besides, the price of window curtains will be cheaper in Johor Bahru than in Singapore. So buying curtains for her whole house would means a considerable amount of savings.




I am not someone who is interested in window curtains. Occasionally I do browse at curtains when I happened to see a shop selling curtains in Johor Bahru. I think the reason why you can see more designs and fabrics of curtains in Johor Bahru, is that the shops over there are much bigger than in Singapore. Rental of shops in Johor Bahru is definitely cheaper than in Singapore. So a bigger retail floor space means that you can maximize the display of all your products.




Many of these window curtain shops will display the selling prices on the products itself. This is what I liked. I don't see the need of a sales staff following me around the shop just to quote the prices of curtains or any other products. In the photos which I took, there are so many designs of curtains to choose.  So now I know why people buy curtains from Johor Bahru.