Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Char Kway Teow - Chinese Fried Noodles

One of the food that I enjoy eating is Char Kway Teow which is basically Chinese fried noodles. I ordered a plate of char kway teow while I was in Johor Bahru near KSL City mall. It is a small coffee shop at the corner of a road. The stall was opened in the morning; and the coffee shop was rather crowded with people having their morning breakfast. There were other stalls selling noodle soup, chicken/pork porridge and also toast bread with coffee and tea.




When the lady put the plate of char kway teow on my table, I was glad that it was not the dark colored version. The noodles looked light brown and seems rather small in serving - the cost was RM$3. The noodles are fried together with vegetables, eggs, Chinese sausage, small cockles, and 2 small prawns. I was rather surprised that there are 2 prawns included for this price. The char kway teow tasted good - not too oily or wet. During the order, I told the lady that I wanted the cockles to be well cooked and with little chilli and it was done accordingly.



The char kway teow was tasty and though the serving was small, I felt that it was reasonable considering the amount of ingredients that was added. This food is high in cholesterol, so it is good to eat in moderation.  Anyway I also took the opportunity to try out the Kaya toast bread in the coffee shop.

.