Friday, January 31, 2014

Tea Garden Restaurant at City Square Johor Bahru

Recently went to Tea Garden at Level 6 at City Square Mall. There is a small fishing pond with koi fishes and lots of greenery - which makes this place relaxing and spacious.


There is also a food court located at Level 6 - Dapurkita Food mall which was crowded with office workers during lunch hours. I went to Tea Garden Restaurant during lunch hour and the place is almost full. Luckily I was able to get a table for 2 in less than 5 minutes. I wasn't going there for lunch. In fact I wanted to find a place to rest and try out some light food.



There is also a outdoor section (non air conditioned ) where I saw mainly smokers dining there. The food came promptly after ordering. Overall I am not impressed with the food. The Chee Cheong Fun with curry gravy was just ordinary. There is a coffee shop stall at Meldrum street that sell this food item and it is really good. The Rojak was quite pathetic as well. In fact I prefer the Rojak at Chicken Rice Shop located in this mall. 



Anyway, I will try out their breakfast set - kaya toast, half boiled eggs and milk tea on my next visit. My friend love their Hainanese milk tea.