Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Nasi Lemak in Johor Bahru

Nasi Lemak is a popular food and is commonly available in many restaurants and food outlets in Malaysia and Singapore. Each time when I stayed in a hotel in Malaysia, I can definitely find Nasi Lemak being served as one of the dish available on the breakfast table.



I am not a big fan of nasi lemak as this food is very high in cholesterol; but it is definitely a delicious meal to have especially when I am hungry. In the hotel, nasi lemak is normally served with anchovies, peanuts, egg, and the red hot chilli sauce. When you eat this food that are sold in food stalls, there are more variety of side dish you can add such as fried chicken, fried fish cake, long beans, cabbage, fried fish, achar ( pickled vegetables ), etc. 



Anyway, here is one of the packet of nasi lemak which I have ordered for a quick lunch recently. My preference is that the rice should have a light coconut and pandan flavor; and the chilli should not be too overwhelming hot and spicy.