Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tesco at KSL City Mall in Johor Bahru

I went to KSL City mall today and took the opportunity to see the new Tesco store over there. Frankly I am slightly disappointed with this Tesco store at KSL City Mall. The supermarket is relatively small in size and the range of merchandise were rather limited. The store simply looked liked many of the ordinary supermarkets that I have visited in Johor Bahru and Kuala Lumpur.




When the size of the store is limited, I felt that Tesco should try to be more specialized on its product mixed and focus on a niche market. I saw a small electrical section, a small clothing section, a small bread counter, etc. Why not simply focus its business in KSL City mall on food - be it fresh meat and seafood, fresh vegetables and fruits, dry food, canned food, a quality bakery counter, etc. Another section that should be expanded should be on non food items such as toiletries, detergents, tissue/toilet rolls, and other household essential items.

Anyway, I liked the vegetables that are sold there. There are many variety of local vegetables that seems to be very fresh; and certain types of vegetables are not even available at Cold Storage in Malaysia. I liked the Tesco house brand items, because the prices are very reasonable.

For more information on shopping at KSL City mall; and my reviews of hotels surrounding this mall, please visit my website by clicking the link below -

ImageSingapore.com