Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Indian Nasi Briyani

On a Saturday evening, my friend told me to try out Nasi Briyani for dinner. So we went to Tekka Food Center in Little India in Singapore and ordered Nasi Briyani from a Indian food stall. I am not a fan of Nasi Briyani; I prefer Hainanese Chicken Rice. Anyway, the hawker center was crowded and you have to  queue to buy the food.



The Nasi Briyani that we ordered cost S$5 and the loose grain basmati rice was soft and fluffy. What I liked was the Indian curry gravy; which was not to hot and with a stronger spicy scent. I had ordered the chicken version instead of the mutton; and the chicken meat taste good.

There are also many Nasi Briyani stalls in Johor Bahru as well. Eating there is also cheaper too; as the same Nasi Briyani would only cost about S$2.50 if you ordered it from a mamak food stall. I would always request for extra rice, curry gravy and vegetables - and not forgetting the hot ginger tea.