Sunday, January 17, 2016

You Kee XO Restaurant at KSL Mall

My friend told me to try out a roast duck restaurant - You Kee XO Restaurant at KSL Mall. I was told that this branch outlet was recently opened. He said that he liked the Roast Duck and Char Siew from this restaurant.





















So I went and ordered a small portion of XO Roast duck, BBQ Crystal Char Siew and Claypot beancurd. I wanted to order the soup of the day; but it was sold out.  However I spoke to a lone lady diner who as having the soup of the day, on her opinion of the soup. She told me it was OK except the soup was a little too salty.




















I tasted the food and here are my views - the XO Roast duck meat was quite tough. Was the duck supposed to be marinated with XO cognac? If it was so, then I am not able to smell or taste the cognac flavor on the roasted duck. The Crystal Char Siew looks good; however it was too sweet for my liking. The Claypot Beancurd was the Star of my meal. It was really good - I loved the freshness of the beancurd and eggplant; with its natural taste.





















Anyway, all of us have unique preference and taste with regard to food. So long as you are happy eating the food you liked, that is all that matters. Next time, I would liked to try the roast duck that a vendor is selling on the night market / pasar malam opposite KSL mall - see last photo below.